0. Download & set up openFrameworks (ideally you do that beforehand, see requirements)
1. How openFrameworks works - setup, update, draw
2. How to create interactive and audioreactive graphics and render them to a fbo
3. How to generate meshes and distort them in realtime
4. How to create custom interfaces
5. How to control your content with MIDI and OSC
6. How to install and use addons
7. Projection mapping with ofxPiMapper
8. Introduction to computer vision
9. How to use syphon, spout and NDI to share your content
This class embraces participants of all genders, sexes and orientations who have no prior experience with (visual) programming, but want to learn more about it. We think creative coding should be fun for everyone!
This is the beginners workshop. Most important thing is that you loose any fear of text based programming and we get you up and running with openFrameworks and your operating system. There are setup guides and a download with the most recent version of openFrameworks available here.
Please consider that a working environment includes a compiler software like xcode or visual studio which you can get for free from apple or microsoft but tend to be quite bulky downloads.
Martin Mayer alias sinsynplus is a visual artist and VJ based in Berlin and Munich. He combines graphical elements, interactive, generative, audio-reactive code and real-time manipulated 3D meshes to a unique visual language. As part of media art group mayer+empl he specializes in interactive realtime video mapping.