2. How to use live or recorded audio to generate & control animations (Analysis, Conversion, Mapping)
3. How to generate or visualise data with instancing, curves and particles
4. How to perform your AV creations through MIDI, OSC, DMX and Artnet
5. How to use sensors like the Kinect or Leap Motion to track user interaction
6. How to output your creations to (several) screens, projectors, speakers, lights, LEDs and files
7. How to build custom graphical user interfaces on the fly (Panels, Custom Parameters and Presets)
8. How to build an optimized architecture to support all of this!
If not, please take the time to watch this introduction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmM1lCWtn6o&t=9s
This class embraces participants of all genders, sexes and orientations who have little experience with (visual) programming and want to learn more about it.
We think creative coding should be fun for everyone!
Laptop with a 3-button mouse
The latest release of TouchDesigner099 installed: https://derivative.ca/download
Participants are welcome to bring their own MIDI devices
The work of Berlin-based VJ artist and director Stefan Kraus explores the fusion of media, space and performance. Emerging out of East Germany’s vivid electronic music scene, his work soon moved beyond the experimental club environment and into the world of art exhibitions, media festivals and theater performances across Europe. Parallel to his artistic career Stefan has been teaching interaction design at the Bauhaus-University in Weimar where he co-founded the Genius Loci Weimar festival, an annual competition for architectural projection mapping.
Today Stefan is more than ever driven by the idea of the “Gesamtkunstwerk” – an artistic vision that completely immerses the audience.